Diamond Pet Food Class Action, Claim $5 with No Receipts
If you purchased Diamond Pet food covered in this lawsuit, then you may be eligible for a refund. Because, allegedly the company mislabeled products which misled consumers into believing they were completely grain free.
Specifically, the Court in charge of this lawsuit is the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington. Furthermore, the class action lawsuit is called Shaw et al., v Schell & Kampeter, Inc. d/b/a Diamond Pet Foods, Case No. 2:20-CV-01620-RAJ.
How do I file a claim?
Firstly, if you do not have a claim number ID, you can register for one here. After registering you get confirmation.
Your registration has successfully been submitted for the Shaw v Diamond Pet Foods Settlement. Please note you have not filed a Claim. Check your email for a confirmation and additional details on Claim Filing.
Secondly, once you receive your claim number, you can file a claim on their website.
What’s this settlement about?
So, the lawsuit alleged that the labeling and marketing of certain Diamond products created the misleading impression among consumers that the Products were guaranteed free from any detectable levels of grain when lab tests allegedly detected these ingredients in the Products. Defendant denies all these claims.
What Products are Included? Where were they sold?
The Products covered by this Diamond Pet Foods Class Action Proposed Settlement are:
1. Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
2. Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
3. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
4. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy
5. Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
6. Taste of the Wild Wetlands Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
7. Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
8. Taste of the Wild Pine Forest Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
9. Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
10. Taste of the Wild High Prairie Canine Recipe with Bison in Gravy
11. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula with Salmon in Gravy
12. Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Canine Recipe with Lamb in Gravy
The Products covered (continued)
13. Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Canine Recipe with Beef in Gravy
14. Taste of the Wild Wetlands Canine Formula with Fowl in Gravy
15. Taste of the Wild Canyon River Feline Formula with Trout and Salmon in Gravy
16. Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain Feline Recipe with Salmon and Roasted Venison in Gravy
17. Taste of the Wild PREY Angus Beef Formula Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Dog Food
18. Taste of the Wild PREY Trout Formula Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Dog Food
19. Taste of the Wild PREY Turkey Formula Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Dog Food
20. Kirkland Nature’s Domain: Beef Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
21. Kirkland Nature’s Domain: Turkey Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
21. Kirkland Nature’s Domain: Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
22. Kirkland Nature’s Domain Puppy: Chicken & Pea Formula
23. Kirkland Nature’s Domain: Small Breed Salmon & Lentil Formula for Dogs
24. Kirkland Nature’s Domain: Organic Chicken & Pea Formula for Dogs
Who is eligible for a refund?
Specifically, those who live in the United States or any U.S. territories; who purchased one or more qualifying Diamond pet food products in the United States or U.S. territories, after March 12, 2017 and prior to and including May 3, 2021.
Additionally, please see site for specific details and exclusions.
Is a receipt required?
In this case, Proof of purchase is not required. However, if you have receipts, you may be able to claim more.
How much will I get back?
- If you have Proof of Purchase: If you submit Proof of Purchase such as receipt, then you will get $10 for each product up to $100 total.
- If you do not have Proof of Purchase: If you purchased any of the Products listed in this case, but do not submit receipts, you are entitled to receive a single payment of $5.
When will I get my check?
Of course, the court will determine when payments will be made. But, has not yet done so.
What’s the deadline to file a claim?
Monday, October 4, 2021.
What is a class action lawsuit settlement?
For example, a class action lawsuit is one with multiple plaintiffs. In other words, there are more than one person being represented by the lawsuit. In other words, a plaintiff or plaintiffs file the case on behalf of many people who were affected by aren’t involved in the actual suit. For example, if you purchased an item that was later determined to be involved in a class action lawsuit, you may be entitled to compensation. If you’re included in the class or group of people affected, then you can file a claim to receive money, coupons or replacement products.
But, each case is different, and each will specify who is included. In addition, class action lawsuits may require proof that you are part of the group of affected people. In this case, proof of purchase or other specified proof is needed. However, in some cases, no proof is required. In that case, you can file a claim without proving that you are part of the class of people affected. Of course, when you file a claim you are doing so under penalty of perjury. So, do not file if you do not qualify.
Perjury is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to an official proceeding. – Wikipedia
Want more like this?
Then, get ALL the money owed to you in all our Top 50 Class Action Lawsuits *HERE*!
Don’t miss another freebie! So, get Instant Freebie Alerts here! Find the Newest Freebies posted here! Then, JOIN all of our FB Groups!