Free Summer YMCA Memberships for Teens is Back for 2022
Once again, many YMCAs across the nation are offering Free Teen Memberships for summer. Teenagers may be able to attend YMCA health and well being classes, gyms, fitness floors, swimming lessons and aquatic areas for free at select locations. Offers and freebies vary. So, be sure to check your local Y to see if they’re participating! This will be the 6th year of the free teen summer program at the Y.
List of YMCAs Nationwide
To find the closest YMCA location to you visit the website for your area. Find your YMCA in the United States. Then, go to the website for your location, and see what they’re offering. Not all YMCAs around the nation offer free teen summer memberships, but many do. Some don’t list it on their website, so give them a call to see if they’re participating.
The following are a few areas I found that are offering free memberships; however, you should check your area since this is not meant to be an exhaustive or all-inclusive list. Let us know if we missed any!
Launched by the Office of the Governor Doug Ducey, AZ OnTrack Summer Camp will enrich, advance, and connect eligible Arizona students in the ways they need to help them enter the 2022-23 school year with greater excitement and confidence. Recent assessment results showed how dramatically the pandemic has impacted learning in Arizona specifically, with English and math scores plummeting for students across the state.
AGES: Entering K–12 for 2022/2023 school year
TIME: 8am – 3pm
YMCA Dayton (Ohio)
Dayton YMCA Website – includes Springboro, Dayton, Fairborn, Celina, Minster, Englewood, Eaton, Kettering, Trotwood, West Carrollton, Xenia, Huber Heights, and Oregonia.
Are you a student in the Dayton Region entering the 7th and 8th grade in the Fall of 2022? If so, the YMCA of Greater Dayton has a gift for you:
A free Summer Youth Membership to the YMCA of Greater Dayton!
June 1st–August 15th, 2022
The YMCA believes that teens in this age range can sometimes face a challenge of not having enough fun activities to do over the summer months; so, we are ready to be that fun and safe place that teens can go to over the summer to meet up, play sports, hang out and participate in some fun activities designed just for them. That means more sports, more swimming, and more FUN this summer!
7th & 8th graders will have the opportunity to participate in scheduled programs and activities with other Dayton area teens. Programs and activities include games, crafts, sports, service projects, character skill building, mentoring, teamwork and much more!
Most Branches*: Monday–Fridays from 1pm–5pm
We are dedicated to providing a safe place where youth are supported and encouraged to make good decisions and form healthy habits. We believe it’s crucial to set the foundation for a healthy lifestyle at a young age which is why we offer several programs designed to provide tweens and teens with free access to the YMCA.
- Take on Summer Program – Youth ages 12-17 can sign up for free Y memberships during the summer which includes access to the Y’s fitness facilities and swimming pools. Learn more.
- Free memberships for 7th Graders
Are you a student entering grades 9-12 this fall or are 13 to 18 years old? If so, the YMCA of Honolulu is offering a FREE* Summer Teen Membership from May 31 to July 31!
Mahalo to the David C. Ai Charitable Trust for sponsoring free teen summer memberships!
*Current teen members or teens who have had a Y membership in the last 60 days are not eligible for this program.
‘Ōpio Summer Membership Benefits:
- Full access to 6 YMCA locations, to include gyms, pools, fitness centers, and multi-purpose spaces
- A safe space to spend time and make new friends
- Social and physical activities and fun events just for teens
- Opportunities to connect with caring adults and leadership/community service opportunities
- A pathway to part-time jobs at the Y
YMCA High Point (North Carolina)
YMCA High Point Website Chavis, Grubb, and Hartley
TEENS AGES 13-17 *
*Participants will need a Parent/Guardian signature.
Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on days when school is out during the year, as well as all Summer.
- Sports & Fitness Programs
- Association-Wide Events
- Volunteer & Leadership Opportunities
YMCA Northwest North Carolina
YMCA NW NC Website including the counties of:
Teens must be referred from their school guidance counselor, a YMCA staff member, or a community partner.
What is included in the initiative:
- A free Teen Membership
- We will provide snacks to the teens 3-5 times per week (only at Statesville, William G. White and the YMCA Reach Center/Winston Lake)
- We will provide optional tutoring a couple of times per week (only at Statesville, William G. White and the YMCA Reach Center/Winston Lake)
- We will work with our community partners to provide resources and Teen Talks around Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and other relevant topics for teens
- A trip to YMCA Camp Hanes
- In addition to the new REACHING OUR POTENTIAL initiative, the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina is offering a variety of virtual and in-person programs for teens, including Black and Latino Achievers, Youth & Government, Teen Talks by the Boys and Young Men of Color Initiative, and Teen Nights (LEVEL UP Program coming in late 2022).
YMCA Metro Los Angeles
Through the Get Summer Teen Initiative, teens ages 12-18 years old are invited to join the Y for free!
FREE 2-MONTH MEMBERSHIP FOR TEENS AGES 12-18 YEARS OLD
JUNE 15-AUGUST 15
Get fit in any of our great gyms and classes. Get involved in a volunteer or teen-led activity. Get outdoors through the National Park program. Get certified with a Red Cross or tech class. Get together at our fun teen nights, events and more!
Teen memberships include access to designated teen centers, equipped with computers, free WiFi, games, and entertainment systems. Their membership also gives them access to swimming pools, basketball courts, fitness classes, and more!
Get started by selecting a branch below and pre-registering online!
- Anderson Munger Family YMCA (Koreatown)
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA
- Collins & Katz Family YMCA (West LA)
- Crenshaw Family YMCA
- Culver-Palms Family YMCA
- Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA
- East Valley Family YMCA
- Garden-Carson Family YMCA
- Ketchum-Downtown YMCA
- Montebello-Commerce YMCA
- Mid Valley Family YMCA (Van Nuys)
- North Valley Family YMCA (Porter Ranch)
- Palisades-Malibu YMCA
- Pasadena-Sierra Madre YMCA
- Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA
- Santa Anita Family YMCA
- South Pasadena San Marino YMCA
- San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA
- Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA (Maywood)
- Torrance-South Bay YMCA
- Westchester Family YMCA
- Weingart YMCA Wellness & Aquatic Center
- Wilmington YMCA
- West Valley Family YMCA
YMCA North (Minnesota and Wisconsin)
- Access to 20 Y locations in the Twin Cities and Hudson, WI – with just a single registration.
- Gyms, where you can play hoops, volleyball and more.
- Indoor and outdoor pools.
- Fitness Centers featuring weights, cardio machines and other workout equipment.
More Free Teen Gym Memberships
Also joining the YMCA this summer is Planet Fitness free teen summer memberships, which we shared last month.
Don’t miss another freebie! Get Instant Freebie Alerts here! Find the Newest Freebies posted here! Then, JOIN all of our FB Groups!