National Cookie Day: Where to Grab a FREE Cookie to Celebrate
Sunday, December 4, is National Cookie Day! Are you looking for National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day? Conversely, National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is May 15 (although there’s some debate that it’s actually August 4). Or, are you looking for National Cookie Month? Because, October is National Dessert Month AND National Cookie Month!
Naturally, everyone loves cookies! So, why not celebrate cookies with a national day of yum. We love cookies, and we love freebies. As a result, we’ve rounded up a big list of places giving away cookies to celebrate National Cookie Day!
If you want our favorite Cookie Recipes, then check out our sister site at GimmieRecipes.com
- Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Ginger Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- No-Bake Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
What’s your favorite?
Where to Find Free or Discounted Cookies on National Cookie Day 2022
Cinnabon is giving its motto, “Life Needs Frosting,” the chocolate treatment with the introduction of new take-home Chocolate Frosting Pints and the return of its Signature Cream Cheese Frosting Pints, just in time for the holiday season.
In 2022, DoubleTree is not handing out cookies is it usually does. But, we hope they’ll be back in 2023.
Great American Cookies
Great American Cookies Loyalty Club members who make a purchase on Dec. 4th, can get a coupon for a FREE cookie to use on a return visit. Great American Cookie has over 290 stores in the U.S., particularly in the Southeast, as well as Guam, most commonly located in malls.
Insomnia Cookies has a whole slew of great offers for National Cookie Day 2022! Find Insomnia Cookies nationwide, with 225 locations.
Additionally, CookieMagic members can get a FREE 6-pack of cookie every day this weekend. You can redeem in store and for delivery.
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Sunday, 12/4: Giveaways and Contests
- From Wednesday, 11/30 through Sunday, 12/4, keep an eye out for Social Media Giveaways & Ultimate Cookie Lover Contest. Superfans can enter to win a grand prize by sharing a video to Instagram or TikTok proving why they’re the Ultimate Cookie Lover. Visit Insomnia’s Instagram page or TikTok for more prize details and how to enter. Additionally, Insomnia is dishing out giveaways on Instagram, providing Insomniacs with a chance to win one of many prizes, from a “Bite Me” LED sign to a bean bag chair covered in cookies.
- Friday, 12/2 – Sunday, 12/4: Weekend Deals
- All Insomniacs can score a FREE classic cookie with any purchase in-store or in-app and online for delivery (minimums will apply if ordering for local delivery).
- All Insomniacs both near and far from bakeries can celebrate from home with FREE nationwide shipping with code SHIPCOOKIES.
- CookieMagic Members can score a FREE 6-pack, no purchase necessary, by presenting their membership in-store or adding the Free 6-Pack product to their cart in-app or online while logged in to their CookieMagic account.
- Sunday, 12/4: Extra Late Hours on National Cookie Night
- Always there to answer that “U up?” text, Insomnia is partying even later than usual for National Cookie Night. All bakeries will be open one additional hour, so that cookie lovers across the country can celebrate no matter how late.
Freaky Fast Rewards members can get a FREE cookie on Dec. 4th with a $5 minimum purchase. Use promo code COOKIE22 in the app.
KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)
For National Cookie Day, KFC is offering up to 6 free cookies with the purchase of a 12- or 16-piece meal.
Kwik Trip has offered Kwik Club members a free cookie with purchase on December 4. Stay tuned for this year’s offer. Kwik Trip/Kwik Star is a chain of convenience stores with 1002 stations, founded in 1965 with locations throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota under the name Kwik Trip, and in northeast Iowa under the name Kwik Star.
Mrs. Fields has offered a free cookie to the first 400 customers to arrive at each store in past years. They haven’t announced this yet for 2022. However, to commemorate National Cookie Day, they are offering up to 25% off with promo code TINS.
Penn Station East Coast Subs is offering an ongoing deal where if you order a sub online, then you can get a free small sub with the code PSBOGO. Not a cookie, but it is free food. Penn Station East Coast Subs has over 300 locations in 15 states in the Midwest.
On National Cookie Day, Potbelly Perks members should check their rewards account for a free cookie with entree purchase offer. There are more than 400 Potbelly Subs sandwich shops in 29 states and Washington D.C.
Quizno has previously offered free oven-roasted cookie with purchase on December 4. However, they haven’t announced yet for 2022. Quizno’s has locations in 25 states, nationwide.
For National Cookie Day, Subway will give rewards members with a subway account who have opted in to receiving emails 72 hours in advance, $2 off a footlong sub when they order a cookie too. The offer applies only to orders placed via the app or on the Subway website.
Subway is also offering footlong cookies in honor of national cookie day on Sunday. The footlong cookie menu is as follows:
- The Subway Cookie Club – A Double Chocolate cookie base with vanilla frosting, topped with Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia and Raspberry Cheesecake cookie chunks, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate and raspberry sauce.
- The MexiCali – A vanilla sugar cookie base with dulce de leche, topped with mole and corn nuts, a drizzle of white chocolate sauce, ground coffee, Tajín, and espresso chips.
- The Monster – A Double Chocolate cookie base spread with peanut butter and topped with peanut butter cups, Reese’s pieces, butterscotch morsels, pretzels, chocolate sauce, and white chocolate sauce.
- The Great Pickle – Peanut butter and marshmallow creme on top of a vanilla sugar cookie base, topped with potato chips, bacon crumbles and Subway’s brand new dill pickles.
Tiff’s Treats is celebrating National Cookie Day from Friday, December 2nd, through Sunday, December 4th, 2022. You can stop in and score a FREE chocolate chip cookie. Make sure your location is participating. They have locations in CO, FL, GA, NC, OK, TN and TX.
Toll House Cafe
Toll House Cafe has offered a free regular cookie, one per visitor, on National Cookie Day in past years. So, become a member of the Nestlé Toll House Café by Chip Club for more sweet offers. You’ll also get a special gift to celebrate your birthday. There are over 150 Tollhouse locations, nationwide in 24 states.
Whole Foods has given a 50% discount off everything at the store’s cookie bar on December 4. They have yet to announce a deal for 2022, however.
YesWay has previously had BOGO deals for National Cookie Day; but, they haven’t announced any yet for 2022. They have locations throughout Central United States.
Can’t get enough? Here are some interesting cookie stats for you.
- Firstly, December 4, 1987, was the first time that National Cookie Day was celebrated
- Secondly, 70% of Americans eat cookies at least once a week. However, they will not understand why they gained weight. 😉
- Thirdly, 33% of Americans prefer raw cookie dough over baked cookies, certainly they haven’t heard that they’ll get worms! LOL
- In addition, 1 in 3 Americans has eaten a whole box of cookies in a sitting; because Girl Scouts are everywhere!
- Lastly, and most importantly, Americans will eat about 35,000 cookies in their lifetime. In conclusion, 90 years is only 32,872 days. So, you’d better get busy to keep up with the average!