Roundup Settlement! Claim Up to $137.50 With No Proof!
If you purchased Roundup or associated pesticides in the timeframe indicated, then you may be entitled to part of the Roundup Weed Killer Ad Settlement. There are nearly two dozen products included, however; for example, if a you purchased a 1.33 gal. container of Roundup® Ready to Use Max Control 365 in California at least once a year since 2015, the refund amount could be $56.00 without proof of purchase. Conversely, the amount available to claim for the 2.5 gal. HDX® Concentrate Weed & Grass Killer is $12.50 per unit (this product requires proof, but it’s just an example). And you can claim one unit per year without proof of purchase. So, if you were in New York and claim one unit per year since 2011 (the year class period begins in that state), the refund amount would be $137.50.
FYI – the product with the highest anticipated payout per unit is 0.5 gal. (64 oz.) Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate $15.00. Furthermore, this product does not require proof of purchase.
How do I file a claim?
Head on over to the website, where you can learn more and file a claim.
What’s this settlement about?
The lawsuit seeks to obtain compensation for alleged false advertising and breach of warranty. Plaintiffs argue that Defendant falsely advertised and promoted the Products by failing to disclose that the Products, and their active ingredient, glyphosate, could potentially cause cancer or other adverse health effects. If you purchased any of the Products during the Class Period for purposes other than resale or distribution, you are in the Class.
Monsanto denies Plaintiffs’ allegations and any wrongdoing and disputes the Class’s right to recover anything. Nevertheless, it has agreed to settle the lawsuit for the purpose of avoiding the time and expense of further litigation.
What Products are Included?
The “Products” are defined as: (see also, list of eligible products)
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer (all sizes, applicators, and varieties)
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer Plus (all sizes, applicators, and varieties)
- Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Wild Blackberry Plus Vine and Brush Killer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Concentrate Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Concentrate Wild Blackberry Plus Vine and Brush Killer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Max Control 365 (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Concentrate Max Control 365 (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Sure Shot Foam (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Precision Gel Weed & Grass Killer (all sizes and varieties)
- Roundup® Pro Concentrate (2.5 gal.)
- HDX® Weed & Grass Killer Ready-to-Use (all sizes and varieties)
- HDX® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate (all sizes and varieties)
- Ace® Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer (all sizes and varieties)
- Ace® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate (all sizes and varieties)
Who is eligible for a refund?
You are a member of the Class if you:
- Purchased a Roundup®, Ace®, or HDX® Product included in the Class definition above,
- During the Class Period applicable to your state (see Appendix 3 to this Notice), and
- For purposes other than distribution or resale.
The “Class Period” depends on the state where each Class Member made his or her purchases. A list of the applicable Class Periods for each State is located HERE and also attached to this Notice as Appendix 3. You should check [the class action website] carefully to ensure your purchase was made within the applicable Class Period for your state.State or Territory | Beginning of Class Period
Alabama | February 2017
Alaska | February 2017
American Samoa | February 2018
Arizona | February 2017
Arkansas | February 2016
California | August 2015
Colorado | February 2018
Connecticut | February 2016
Delaware | February 2017
District of Columbia | February 2017
Florida | February 2016
Georgia | October 2016
Guam | August 2016
Hawaii | February 2017
Idaho | February 2017
Illinois | February 2017
Indiana | February 2017
Iowa | February 2017
Kansas | December 2015
Kentucky | February 2017
Louisiana | February 2017
Maine | February 2015
Maryland | August 2016
Massachusetts | October 2016
Michigan | October 2014
Minnesota | December 2013
Mississippi | February 2015
Missouri | August 2014
Montana | February 2017
Nebraska | February 2017
Nevada | October 2016
New Hampshire | February 2017
New Jersey | November 2014
New Mexico | February 2017
New York | June 2011
North Carolina | February 2017
North Dakota | February 2015
Northern Mariana Islands | February 2015
Ohio | February 2017
Oklahoma | November 2015
Oregon | November 2015
Pennsylvania | February 2015
Puerto Rico | December 2019
Rhode Island | February 2017
South Carolina | February 2015
South Dakota | February 2017
Tennessee | February 2017
Texas | March 2016
Utah | February 2016
Vermont | November 2013
Virgin Islands | February 2015
Virginia | September 2016
Washington | February 2017
West Virginia | February 2017
Wisconsin | February 2015
Wyoming | February 2017
Is a receipt required?
Proof of purchase is not required. However, if you have receipts, you may be able to claim more.
. claiming purchases of 1 Gal. Roundup® Weed and Grass Killer Super Concentrate, 2.5 Gal. Roundup® Pro Concentrate, and/or 2.5 Gal. HDX® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate will require reasonable proof of purchase; OR
b. claiming more than 1 purchase a year per household for any of the other eligible Products during the eligible class period based on the state of purchase.
How much will I get back?
Class Members will be able to make claims for payments for the Roundup®, HDX®, and Ace® Products listed below, equivalent to approximately 20% of their weighted average retail price during the relevant class period. Payments per unit range from $0.50 to $33.00, depending on the price of the product(s) purchased, for between 2 and 11 units without proof of purchase, depending on the state of purchase. The amount available for each Product is shown in Appendix 1. With the exception of the three largest concentrated Products, claims can be made without proof of purchase, but such claims are limited to 1 unit per year within the Class Period.
What’s the deadline to file a claim?
October 19, 2022.
What is a class action lawsuit settlement?
For example, a class action lawsuit is one with multiple plaintiffs. In other words, there are more than one person being represented by the lawsuit. In other words, a plaintiff or plaintiffs file the case on behalf of many people who were affected by aren’t involved in the actual suit. For example, if you purchased an item that was later determined to be involved in a class action lawsuit, you may be entitled to compensation. If you’re included in the class or group of people affected, then you can file a claim to receive money, coupons or replacement products. But, each case is different, and each will specify who is included. In addition, class action lawsuits may require proof that you are part of the group of affected people. In this case, proof of purchase or other specified proof is needed. However, in some cases, no proof is required. In that case, you can file a claim without proving that you are part of the class of people affected. Of course, when you file a claim you are doing so under penalty of perjury. So, do not file if you do not qualify.
Want more like this?
Get ALL the money owed to you in all our Top Class Action Lawsuits with No Receipts *HERE*!