Tax Day Freebies 2022: Where to Get Free Stuff on Tax Day
The 2022 Tax Deadline to file your income taxes in the U.S. is April 18. Our big list of Free Stuff on Tax Day is being updated! Get Tax Day Freebies, deals, and tax day specials when taxes are due. There’s only a few sure things in life: death, filing taxes and freebies! That’s why we round up a big list of Tax Day Freebies and discount specials you can get on tax day.
After all, you have to pay taxes. So, why not get something free? But, whether you owe or are getting a big return, you can celebrate with free stuff.
Are you done with your taxes? I’m not! I always wait. Well, I shouldn’t say I wait, because that’s not entirely true. In fact, I sort of get a fairly early start. I just don’t get an early finish! LOL!
- File Federal AND State for $0
- How long should you keep documents before shredding?
- Get FREE and discounted paper shredding with Staples coupons and Office Depot coupons (available closer to the tax deadline)
- Donate to Charity & get up to $500 Write-Off for one bag of used clothes!
- Do Your Taxes totally free with TaxSlayer (both state AND fed), FreeTaxUSA, eFile.com, H&R Block, TurboTax, or TaxAct!
The following list is being updated for 2022. Entries that start with a * have not yet been verified this year. Stay tuned!
Big List of Tax Day Freebies & Tax Day Specials
- 7-Eleven – order a $5 pizza through the 7NOW delivery service on Tax Day.
- Acapulco offers $3 margaritas, and some of us are gonna need them! Sign up for the Acapulco eclub and get a free appetizer with signup and free entree on your birthday! Acapulco Restaurant Y Cantina is located in Southern California.
- Applebees – $5 Springtime Sips available now! Plus, score a bonus $10 gift when you buy a $50 Applebees Gift Card. Applebee’s can be found in all 50 states, nationwide.
- *Arby’s – Free Value Curly Fries on Tax Day. Plus, get 50% off any sandwich when you join the Arbys VIP Extras Club. And, a free shake and free fries on your birthday!
- *B.Good – Download their free app and get a free green or grain bowl or a burger, through April 20. (If you already have the app, you can still get free fries with any purchase.) They have locations in MA, CT, ME, NH, NY, RI, and TX.
- *Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt (now Green Leaf’s Beyond Great Salad) – Enjoy a free small frozen yogurt on tax day; just mention the freebie when you order. They have locations in CA, FL, LA, MD, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, PA, TN, TX, and VA.
- *Bite Squad and Waitr – no delivery fee with $20 purchase using promo code TAXDAY19. Bite Squad serves AR, FL, HI, MN, MI, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX and WI. And the Waitr app covers AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MI, MO, SC, TN, TX, and VA.
- BJ’s Brewhouse – Save 1/2 off large Pizzas on Tax Day! Includes dine-in, take-out or delivery. And, get a Free Pizooki when you sign up for their loyalty club and on your birthday. BJ’s operates 209 casual dining restaurants in 29 states.
- Boston Market – This Tax Day Special offers a half chicken individual meal with two sides, cornbread and a regular fountain beverage drink, for just $10.40. Also, you don’t need a coupon, and you can only get this on April 18th – both at the restaurant and for online delivery. There are 340+ chain locations in 27 states and Puerto Rico.
- *Bruegger’s Bagels – File for 13 bagels and two tubs of Bruegger’s cream cheese for just $10.40 on April 15. Get your free bagel & cream cheese with your first purchase, and that’s just the beginning. Join the Inner Circle rewards program. Bruegger’s Bagels has locations in AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, KY, MA, MI, MN, NC, NE, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, and WI.
- *BurgerFi – Grab a cheeseburger for $4.15 through the BurgerFi app and have a 22.5% happier day! (I made that up) Locations in AK, AL, AZ, CT, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, NC, NJ, NY, MI, MD, MO, NV, OH, SC, TN and TX.
- *California Tortilla – FREE Chips & Queso, (which is “cheese”) when you say “1040” on Tax Day. California Tortilla has 38 restaurant locations in 8 states (MD, VA, WV, NJ, PA, CT, KS, SC), and the District of Columbia. Some airport locations are branded as Burrito Elito.
- Cheesecake Factory – From Monday, April 18, through Thursday, April 21, The Cheesecake Factory is offering $10 off $50 when you use promotion code CAKE10 at checkout.
- *Chick-fil-A – 3 free minis; locations nationwide.
- *Chili’s – $5 Cuervo Blue Margarita special for Tax Day Tuesday.
- *Chuck E. Cheese’s – Tuesday through Thursday, buy one large cheese pizza, get one large cheese pizza free.
- *Cici’s Pizza – Adult buffets are just $4.15 with the purchase of a large drink. Just use this tax day special coupon. CiCi’s Pizza has nearly 300 locations nationwide in AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NE, NC, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, and VA.
- *Cinnabon – 2 free Classic Bites. Check with your local restaurant for participation. Find Cinnabon in almost every state, nationwide.
- Corner Bakery – get a free hazelnut cold brew coffee with purchase on tax day. Located in CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MD, NV, NJ, NM, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI.
- *Dunkin‘ Donuts – DD Perks loyalty members get a medium hot or iced coffee for $1 at participating restaurants nationwide.
- *Einstein Bros. Bagels – Coupon for a free egg sandwich with purchase. Valid until May 2. Join Shmear Society Rewards now, and get a free bagel & schmear just for signing up! Einstein Bros. Bagels is proud to be the largest bagel retail company in America with more than 700 locations in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
- *Farmer Boys – Pay just $10.40 for two Breakfast Burritos or two Double Big Cheeses on Monday at participating locations. No limit, and no coupon required. There are over 100 Farmer Boys restaurants in Arizona, California and Nevada.
- Firehouse Subs – as Tax season comes to a close, you can score a FREE Firehouse Sub when you buy one with the coupon you can grab here. Of course, you can get the same free sub on your birthday when you join their eclub. They’re located nationwide, in 48 states.
- *Fresh Brothers – pizza for just $10 in honor of Tax Day 2019 on 4/15 and 4/16. They have several locations in Southern California.
- Frutta Bowls has $6 Toasts for Tax Day. Actually, the whole WOWorks family of restaurants, which includes Saladworks, Frutta Bowls, The Simple Greek and Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh, are offering select menu items for just $6 all day on Tax Day. So, grab their rewards app to get this deal. There are 41 Frutta Bowl locations in the United States, including AL, DE, FL, GA, IA, KY, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NC, OH, PA, TN, VA, and WV.
- *Godfathers Pizza – large 1-topping pizza and Monkey Bread for just $10.40. Use code: 8011E. April 18 only. They have over 1,200 locations nationwide.
- Great American Cookie – Red, White and Chocolate Chip! Like it or not, Tax Day is a necessity for Americans and Great American Cookies® and Marble Slab Creameries will be making the day a little sweeter by offering one FREE Original Chocolate Chip Cookie to customers who stop by participating stores on Monday, April 18. GAM has over 290 stores in the U.S., particularly in the Southeast, as well as Guam, most commonly located in malls.
- *Grimaldi’s – Enjoy a 16-inch traditional cheese pizza for $10.40! Grimaldi’s has locations in ID, NV, AL, AZ, CA, FL, KS, KY, NY, SC, TX and WI.
- *Hard Rock Café – sing for your supper – literally! Sing a song and they’ll give you a free burger from 5 – 7 p.m. on April 18. There are 33 Hard Rock Cafe locations across the U.S.
- *Hardee’s – Free sausage biscuit from 7-10 am. Just say “Made From Scratch” at the counter. Hardee’s, fast-food chain restaurants are located predominantly in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast; while their sibling chain, Carl’s Jr., is in the Southwest and Western U.S.
- Hooters – kids 12 and younger get a free kids meal eat with an adult purchase participating locations on April 18. There are more than 420 Hooters restaurants in 42 states and 29 countries.
- Hot Dog On a Stick – Loyalty members can take $4.18 off $10 orders with coupon code TAX for Tax Day. HDOAS has about 43 locations in California, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.
- *Hungry Howie’s: April 15-17 for online carryout orders only, get a one-topping medium pizza for 15 cents with the purchase of a one-topping large pizza at regular menu price. Use code 18TAXDAY. Hungry Howie’s has over 550 locations in 20 states.
- *IHOP – Kids under 12 eat Free for the whole month of April, between 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm. IHOP restaurants can be found nationwide.
- Jet’s Pizza – Pay just $10.99 for a single topping, eight corner pizza using coupon code TAXES. Jet’s has locations in AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, NY, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
- Kona Ice – Celebrate Tax Day, aka “Chill Out Day” on April 18. Stop by a Kona Ice truck during select hours Monday for a free cup of tropical shaved ice. They operate over 1,000 trucks in 48 states.
- Marble Slab Creameries – Great American Cookies® and Marble Slab Creameries will be making the day a little sweeter by offering one FREE Original Chocolate Chip Cookie and Ice Cream to customers who stop by participating stores on Monday, April 18. GAM has over 290 stores in the U.S., particularly in the Southeast, as well as Guam, most commonly located in malls.
- *McDonalds – select locations will be offering a free small coffee, or a Quarter Pounder for 18 cents when you buy a Quarter Pounder. Or, a BOGO for 50 cents Big Mac! After all, be sure to call to see what your local McDonalds may be offering this year.
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza: Take $10.40 off any Mountain-size pizza using their app for tax day. Mike’s has over 250 locations in AZ, CA, CO, ID, OR, and UT.
- National Parks – Free Admission! Besides bringing you tax day freebies 2022, it’s also National Parks Week starting April 16th!
- Noodles & Company – April 15-17, rewards members get free delivery. From April 22-24, they’re offering BOGO entrees. There are 460 Noodles & Company locations across 29 states and Washington, D.C.
- Office Depot and OfficeMax – use the free paper shredding coupon for 5 lbs of free document shredding through April 23!
- Panda Express – Through April 17, purchase any Wok Fired Shrimp entrée (Bowl, Plate, Bigger Plate, Cub Meal or Family Meal) and get a free small a la carte entrée of choice at all participating locations. Valid online or via the app, and use coupon code WOKFIRED at checkout.
- *Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza – two large pizzas for $10.40 on April 18. Papa Murphy’s take-and-bake pizza franchise has more than 1,300 locations across the United States, Canada and UAE.
- *The Palm – free Prime Bites appetizers with purchase. April 18. Locations in CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, NC, NJ, NV, NY, MA, TN, TX, VA, and VT.
- PDQ – People Dedicated to Quality (PDQ) has a coupon code $1off which will take $1 off any online or in-app purchase. PDQ can be found in FL, NJ, NY, NC and SC.
- *P.F. Chang’s – Coupon for a free appetizer with purchase just text “CRAVE” to 242647. P.F. Chang’s has 215 locations nationwide.
- Plant Fitness – From 4/15 through 4/18, stop by and get a free HydroMassage with this coupon! Locations nationwide.
- Pizza Hut – Any large, stuffed crust, 3-topping pizza for $10. Pizza Hut locations can be found nationwide.
- Pot Belly Sandwiches – Score BOGO Free original sandwich at locations nationwide when you order online or through the app on tax day. There are more than 400 Potbelly Sandwich Shops serving neighborhoods in 29 states and Washington DC and 30 franchise shops, including locations in the Middle East & UK.
- *Quizno’s – 10.40 percent deduction off any purchase including catering, on April 17 to Toasty Points loyalty app members. In 25 states, nationwide.
- QuikTrip – Download the QuikTrip app for Apple iOS devices or Android and sign up for their rewards program to get a coupon for a Free Self-Serve Drink. This is only valid 4/18/22. QuikTrip has over 800 locations. Quick Trip operates in the Midwestern, Southern, and Southeastern United States as well as in Arizona.
- *Red Lobster – Coupon for $5 off two dinner entrees or $3 off two lunch entrees. Coupon expires April 22. Of course, you should also sign up for the Red Lobster rewards club for more freebies and discounts. Find Red Lobster locations nationwide.
- *Rubio’s Coastal Grill – April 17, Tuesday taco specials are available all day instead of only during select hours. Rubios has locations in California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Ruby Tuesday is giving away $500,000, Ruby’s gift cards and free food! You can play by purchasing, or use the alternate method of entry:
- *Rock Bottom Restaurant – $5 off of any $15 purchase. Good until April 21. Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery are located in several states, with five restaurants in Colorado, five in Illinois and one restaurant each in CA, FL, MD, MA, MN, PA, VA, and WI.
- Round Table Pizza – rewards members can order a large or XL pizza and get a personal pizza with up to four toppings for $4.18 on tax day. It pays to join the Round Table birthday club and you’ll get free food on your birthday! Round Table Pizza has more than 450 locations in AK, AR, CA, HI, NV, OR and WA.
- *Sauce Pizza & Wine – beer and wine are $4.15 on Tax Day 2019 when you dine in. Located in AZ, NM and TX.
- *Schlotsky’s – Tax Day bites, so bite back, with a FREE small The Original sandwich with the purchase of chips and a medium drink. This deal is available at all locations and no coupon is needed. There are 336 locations in 24 states.
- *Slim Chickens – $5.99 Chick’s Meal on Tax Day! Meal includes three tenders, two pieces of Texas Toast, a side and a medium drink. Find locations nationwide.
- Smokey Bones BBQ – loyalty members can score $10 off $25 with coupon (check your email).
- *Smoothie King – save $2 on a smoothie from 4/15 – 4/18. For more info, visit www.smoothieking.com/taxday. You can also sign up for their free app. They have 1,000 store locations across the U.S.
- Sonic Drive-in – will have half-price drinks and slushies in the app on Tax day. Locations nationwide.
- *Sonny’s BBQ half price Irresistible Ribs Special (IRS) on 4/15. Locations in AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MI, NC, and SC.
- *Staples – free up to 1 lb. of document shredding with coupon
- STK Steakhouse – has $10.40 cocktails all day on tax day.
- Tijuana Flats – $5 burritos Monday at all locations! They have locations in IN, VA, NC, and FL.
- *Tony Roma’s – Through 4/17, dine-in guests will receive a free Kickin’ Shrimp coupon with the purchase of an adult entrée. Locations in CA, CO, FL, IA, MT, NC, and NV.
- *TooJay’s Deli – Burger and beverage combos are just $10.40 at any of TooJay’s 28 locations across Florida.
- Wendy’s – get a free 6-pc chicken nuggets with in-app delivery.
- *White Castle – Through Tuesday, get 15% off any in-Castle purchase. If you subscribe to their email, then they’ll send you the coupon. Otherwise, you can get one on their Facebook page or Twitter. White Castle has locations in IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, TN, and WI.
Know of any Tax Day Freebies that we missed? Let us know!
Want birthday freebies too?
Don’t miss another freebie! Get Instant Freebie Alerts here! Find the Newest Freebies posted here! Then, JOIN all of our FB Groups!